Sunday, February 20, 2011

Three Chicks on a Farm

The last time I visited Flatbush Farm was back in November, the Amish-esque restaurant served as the finish line to the Big Apple Tweed Ride, the fall edition. This blustery winter afternoon brings me back to brunch with Sadio and her friend, Dacil, visiting New York from San Francisco. It was a good starting point for a busy Sunday, later on I'll be making my way to the Brooklyn Photo Salon and Sadio will make it uptown fo the Tea and Coffee Festival.

As any trendy restaurant in any major city, Flatbush Farm was packed, but our wait wasn't too long. I knew that I wanted to try the crispy duck confit with cheddar chipolte grits, mushrooms and frisee. I checked the website beforehand. After spending all that time in Malaysia a few years back, I managed to skip this delicacy that was offered in nearly every restaurant. Sadio had the buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy and Dacil tried the farm burger with a sunny side up egg, bacon and fontina cheese.


We substituted appetizers with hot beverages, me, peppermint tea, Sadio, English Breakfast. Both kettles of water were not even lukewarm, they were borderline cold! Luckily, our southern, husky waiter, with wild blond sideburns, Tamlin was his name, politely obliged when we asked for warmer water worthy of tea brewing. (He was so handsome, yes.) Flatbush Farm could easily become a brunch must simply because food is made with organic meats and veggies, often gown and purchased locally (I kept on wondering if my duck came from Prospect Park, lol! They did say everything was local, correct?)

The food was delicious, service and atmosphere, delightful. Check out my flicks, gotta run!

Highly conceptualized, down to the menu design.

Chatting about marriage!

The first round of cold tea.

Dacil's coffee was hot!

Sadio smiles for the camera in between dropping science on food!

Crispy Duck Confit with Cheddar Chipolte Grits

Farm Burger with a Sunny Side up Egg, Bacon and Fontina cheese. 
Buttermilk Biscuits and Sausage Gravy 
More awesome duck.

It is a rat race for toast!

All smiles!

Flatbush Farm


76 St. Marks Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11217
718.622.3276

No comments:

Post a Comment